Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spectacular Ink celebrates 15 years

We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog post to bring you … some quick thoughts about the Spectacular Ink client showcase, held Tuesday evening at the V Lounge above Earl’s in Yaletown.

I know, I know - you really want to know what the other half of my “My Top 10 Most Odd, Interesting, Unique and Amusing Massage Experiences” consists of, right?

I promise, that will be my next blog post - really!

However, seeing as this gathering of travel writers and travel suppliers took place Tuesday, I thought I’d blog about it ASAP.

Until Tuesday night’s event, I didn’t realize Jane and Peter Lloyd-Jones had been running their West Vancouver-based travel marketing/public relations company for 15 years. Wow! That’s longer than I’ve been freelancing. In this business, that’s a long time to be running a company like that successfully.

One of the "tenthouse suites" at Rockwater.
I’ve known Jane since 2007 through our membership in the Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC). I met Peter in 2008, when I went to their client showcase for the first time. I was fortunate enough that year to win a two-night stay with one of their long-standing clients, Rockwater Secret Cove Resort. It offers glamping at its finest, on B.C.’s Sunshine Coast.

Rockwater was at the event this year again, along with several of their other clients like Echo Valley Ranch and Spa, Tourism Harrison and King Pacific Lodge, to name but a few. There is a complete list on their website.

This event allows travel writers to meet some of SI’s clients face-to-face. It’s also a great event for networking, nibbling and noshing, and touching base with some writing colleagues you may not have seen in a few months (or in some cases, a year!)

I didn’t win a draw prize this time, but between the wine, the food and the company, I enjoyed a truly marvellous time, meeting old colleagues as well as some newer colleagues face-to-face for the first time.

Congrats to Jane, Peter and the rest of their team for a great event, and all the best for the next 15 years.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled blogging … “My Top 10 Most Odd, Interesting, Unique and Amusing Massage Experiences, Part 2” will be my next blog post. (I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment