Monday, March 28, 2011

Losing my blog virginity


Paddling the Rio Shiripuno in Ecuador,
looking for parrots 
We've all had many "firsts" in our life...first date, first kiss, first day of school, first day of summer, first job, first ---- (you know!) - and like all those and many other firsts, I thought long and hard (no pun intended)about what my first blogpost should be.

I now know what I want my first content to be about, but before I post that, I thought, maybe a short introduction is in order.

As you may have guessed from this blog's title, I'm passionate about parrots. And paddling. As a professional travel writer, I often try to combine the two passions as I roam the world looking for new stories to write about.

While this blog will often feature posts about parrots and paddling, there will be many other travel-related stories featured here, ranging the gamut from conservation-oriented diatribes to scribblings about spas, from adventures with food to travel by train, plane and boat (in addition to canoes and kayaks).

It is a work in progress, so over the next few months, there may be many changes and modifications to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment